Sasakawa USA/USJETAA Grants for JETAA Chapters & Subchapters Year 1 Reports
USJETAA was pleased to partner with Sasakawa USA to provide grants to JETAA Chapters and Subchapters across the U.S. in Fall 2016 – Spring 2017. As part of USJETAA’s mission to support the network of JETAA Chapters and alumni across the country, the SPFUSA/USJETAA grant provided a direct avenue for us to assist chapters in providing programming and outreach for their members and communities.
We awarded a total of eight proposals from seven JETAA Chapters. They were:
- JETAA Southern California:Kickoff Reception for the 30th Anniversary of JET at the JETAA USA National Conference ($5,000) – Program date: Sept. 29 – Oct. 2, 2016
- JETAA Florida:JLPT Florida, Hajimemashite! ($3,742) – Program date: Sept. – Dec. 2016
- JETAA Chicago:Career Development Workshop ($2,181 ) – Program date: Nov. 12, 2016
- JETAA Pacific Northwest:Washi & Washoku ($1,125) – Program date: October 8, 2016
- JETAA DC: DC Children’s Japan Day ($1,500) – Program date: Dec. 3, 2016
- JETAADC: Dinner with Kakehashi Program Students ($241) – Program date: February 23, 2017
- JETAAMN: After WWII: Japanese Communities in Minnesota ($2,500): Jan. 21, 2017
- JETAANY: Japan-A-Mania ($1,500): February 25, 2017
We are excited to share the results of their efforts and encourage all JETAA Chapters and Subchapters to apply for the next round of grants. The deadline is September 5, 2017. For more information, and to apply click here.
Please take a look at the Year 1 Final reports here:
JETAA Southern California Final Report
JETAA DC Final Reports:
JETAA NY Final Report: