What does USJETAA stand for?
United States Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme Alumni Association. USJETAA is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, established in 2015 to support and strengthen the network of JET alumni and JETAA chapters in the U.S.
What is USJETAA’s mission?
The mission of the United States JETAA (USJETAA) is to provide support and resources to Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme (JET) Alumni Chapters and individual JET alumni throughout the United States in order to strengthen the capacity of the JETAA network. This enables alumni to contribute to the greater U.S.-Japan relationship and to ‘bring Japan home’ by fostering education and understanding of Japanese culture in the United States.
What’s the attire?
- Saturday presentations and networking sessions are Business Casual
- Saturday evening Matsuri will be festive attire! We highly recommend getting into the spirit of the evening and wearing a yukata, jinbei, happi coats, etc.
What’s the refund policy?
- Prior to and on July 2nd, you may be eligible to receive a full refund minus a $10 service fee
- After July 2nd, cancellations and no-shows will not be eligible for a refund
- Contact email@example.com for more cancellation inquiries
Who can I contact if I have specific questions or issues?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all issues regarding registration and payment
Where is JET30 Reunion being held?
Omni Shoreham Hotel
2500 Calvert St NW, Washington DC 20008
What time will events begin each day?
- Friday, August 4th, events will begin at 2pm with Keynote Welcome remarks and presentations
- Friday, August 4th, the Evening Reception will be hosted by the Embassy of Japan and will begin at 6pm (RSVP is mandatory)
- Saturday, August 5th, events will begin at 8AM with a full breakfast buffet for registered guests
- Sunday, August 6th, schedule TBD
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Friday Evening Reception, hosted by the Embassy of Japan (Space is limited)
- Full day of events on Saturday with speakers, discussions, and opportunities to reunite by both your region and years on JET at the Omni Shoreham
- Natsu-matsuri Saturday Evening Reception & Celebration (Bring your Yukata!)
- Offsite family-friendly activities for kids and plus ones so that’ll be enjoying DC with you!
- Access to the Alumni Natsukashi Hall
- And much more!
How can I secure my spot for the Welcome Reception hosted by the Embassy of Japan on Friday, August 4th, evening?
- Reception is limited to first-come, first-serve; to attend, you must complete registration and payment for JET30 Reunion on or before the June 30th deadline. You will receive a confirmation that your name was officially added to the list for the Welcome Reception.
- Guests are invited to attend the Welcome Reception but they must be fully paid for attendees for the JET30 Reunion. It is an all-inclusive payment for the Welcome Reception and all the events on Saturday. On page 4 of the registration page select two (or more) adults. A new area will populate below where you enter your guest's names.
What if all spots are full for the Welcome Reception hosted by the Embassy of Japan on Friday evening?
- If you've registered and paid for the JET30 Reunion and it’s prior to June 30th, and all the spaces are reserved, your name will be added to a waiting list. To inquire about your status on the waiting list, please contact email@example.com.
What are things I will have to pay for separately from the conference ticket?
- The hotel cost is not included in the registration fee. We have a limited number of hotel rooms blocked at the Omni Shoreham. Please use this specific website to inquire about that special rate. https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/washington-dc-shoreham/meetings/jetaa-30-year-reunion-group
- Transportation to and from the Reunion is not included
- Parking at the hotel is $49 per day
- Offsite excursions are not included
- Meals on Sunday are not included
What are other social media sites for the reunion/USJETAA?
How much does it cost to attend the reunion?
- $125 Early Registration on or before June 30th
- $175 General Registration on or before July 24th
- $250 Registration after July 25th and on-site
How can I connect with other JET alumni?
- Start by registering in the US JETAA database - it’s FREE! http://usjetaa.org/membership/
- You have full control over how much information you share and what’s made public. Once you’ve registered, you’ll have access to see other alumni who have also registered.
- Join your local chapter’s Facebook page and sign up for their newsletter. http://usjetaa.org/chapters/
How do I find my local chapter?
JETAA USA currently has 19 chapters across the United States. They work with local Japanese consulates, as well as community and cultural organizations to provide departure and reentry services for those leaving and returning from the JET Program. They host a variety of services including job fairs, networking, language classes, community, cultural, charitable activities, and much more. Find your local chapter and get involved!
What’s the family/children policy?
We’re trying to make the JET30 Reunion as family friendly as possible so that everyone can help us celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the JET Programme. Children are invited to join you at the Friday Reception hosted by the Embassy of Japan (if space is available when you register and pay) and the Natsu-Matsuri Saturday Evening Reception & Celebration at the Omni Shoreham. Unfortunately, children are not invited to attend the networking breakfast or lunch on Saturday. In lieu of that, we’re planning multiple off-site, family-friendly activities for kids and plus ones so that they can enjoy DC with you all day Saturday.
What will kids do during the day?
- We are planning family-friendly, off-site activities and destinations for children and their caretakers to enjoy together during the reunion. The full schedule will be posted once we get an idea of the age range and number of children that will be joining us. Activities will include destinations such as the National Zoo (a 10 minute walk from the hotel), International Spy Museum, etc. We are not able to provide babysitting services
Why is this event so expensive?
Thanks to many generous donors we are able to offer a 75% discount off the actual cost to attend the three-day event; the earlier you register, the more you'll be able to maximize our donor’s support.
Can I park at the JET30 Reunion venue, Omni Shoreham?
- Yes, parking at the hotel is $49 for guests staying at the hotel or guests coming for the Reunion. We highly recommend using public transportation
- There is limited street parking but please double check all parking signs. USJETAA is not responsible for any violations