Scholarships for JET Alumni
- Carnegie Mellon Heinz College - Heinz College awards qualified JET program alumni a minimum scholarship of $7,000 per semester (30% tuition).
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies (Monterey, CA) – Offers programs in topics including International Policy Studies, Translation & Interpretation, Language Teacher Education and International Business. MIIS offers a guranteed $10,000 per year scholarship to JET alumni. Details are available at https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/admissions/scholarships/partners/jet.
- Showa Women's University (Coed) (Japan) - All foreign students receive a 30% reduction in tuition. In addition, scholarships are offered to those who satisfy our grade and attendance requirements. Showa also offers JET alumni a special work-study program in which they receive scholarships which fully cover tuition, fees, and housing support in return for part-time work at the university.
- Syracuse University Maxwell School - The Maxwell PAIA – JET Alumni Scholarship covers at least 30% of the tuition costs of a single- or dual-degree course of study in Maxwell’s Master of Public Administration or Master of Arts in International Relations on-campus programs. The offer includes the option to defer admission for one year and to be considered for further merit-based aid based on the strength of the application for admission
- Williamette University - Thanks to a partnership with AJET, JET Program alumni are eligible to receive a minimum $5,000 scholarship if they choose to pursue an MBA in Williamette’s Early Career and Career Change MBA Program. Willamette University’s MBA Programs are specifically designed to prepare students for their first professional career position, career change, or advancement. Simply indicate on your application, and in your admissions interview that you are JET alumni.
- JAIMS: East-West Knowledge Leaders Program (EWKLP) - The EWKLP is a three-month certificate management program that provides continued education for experienced business professionals and serves as a primer for those launching careers in international business. Fujitsu Scholarship - JET returnees who are Hawaii residents with a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of full-time work experience are eligible to apply. The scholarship covers the tuition for the East-West Knowledge Leaders Program (EWKLP) in Honolulu and a one-week study trip to Tokyo. Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Scholarship - JET returnees who enroll in the EWKLP automatically receive a $2000 for the tuition in the East-West Knowledge Leaders Program
Lists of Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants
- USJETAA List of Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants
- AJET Special Offers
- AJET Graduate School Opportunities, Scholarships, and Fellowships
- Association for Asian Studies (AAS) Grant Programs
- AAS List of Grants and Fellowships Sponsored by non-AAS Organizations
- Scholarships for International Students in Japan 2018-2019
- Toshizo Watanabe Endowed Scholarship Fund
Graduate School Resources
Information About Getting into Graduate School
- Higher Education Funding and Scholarships List by Country
- Hot Resource Sites - TESOL 2020
- Hot Resource Sites - Translation Interpretation 2020
- Hot Resource Sites-International Business 2020
- Hot Resource Sites-Policy 2020
- Resources for Graduate Schools and Scholarships in Japan
- Transferable Skill Sets JETs Can Promote 2020
- Applying to Graduate School