It can be difficult to make the transition to your life after JET. This webinar is here to help! Featuring JET alumni with expertise in careers and recruiting, this webinar will help you figure out how JET fits into your career path, help you describe your JET experience in a way that employers will understand, teach how to utilize LinkedIn, and much more!
Emily Frank (Hokkaido,
Join USJETAA for our second webinar in the newly launched webinar series for JET alumni. Career counselor Emily Frank will be speaking to us on how to find a career. This webinar is FREE!
Date: August 23rd, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM EDT / 10 AM MDT / 9 AM PDT
Are you unsure where to go from here? You’ve had your JET experience,
The Japan Foundation and the Center for Global Partnership aim to promote international and cultural understanding of Japan and other countries, including the U.S. Both organizations offer a wide range of grant programs and support at the grassroots level in the U.S. focused on this mission. This webinar will provide information about their programs and items on loan that would be relevant to JETAA chapters interested in strengthening and diversifying their events and programming to their alumni.
The guest presenters for this webinar:
- Susan Schmidt, Executive Director of American Association of Teachers of Japanese
- Dan Carolin, Japanese Teacher and Co-chair of World Languages at Kennedy High School
- Stephanie Smith, Japanese Teacher at Christa McAuliffe Academy
- Steven Horowitz, JETwit, JETAA USA Board of Advisors, Aichi, 1992-1994
- Christina Omori, JETAA USA Country Representative (2012-2014), Saitama, 2004-2005
- Wesley Julian, Director/Producer, Tohoku Tomo & the 113 Project, Miyagi, 2008-2010