Do you have an idea for an innovative project to introduce American culture and English language to students in your classrooms or to your community in Japan? Apply for funding from the Microgrant Initiative for American JETs!
This program provides small grants–typically $200-$1,000–to Americans currently working in Japan on the JET Program to fund projects that introduce American culture and English language to students in their classrooms or to the local community. It is funded by the U.S. Embassy Tokyo.
2022 Application in now closed
** View the Recording of the November 2 Information Session Below**
- Scroll to the bottom for the online application form.
- For detailed info, please check out the Microgrant FAQ.
- If you have questions not answered in the FAQ, reach us at email@example.com.
2022 Information Session Video
Examples of Past Projects
- 2019-2020 Microgrant Recipients
- Interim Program Summaries 2019-2020
- Microgrant Report 2016-2017
- Microgrant Report 2017-2018
- Microgrant Report 2018-2019
- Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Awardees Notification: December 1, 2022 (Agreements must be signed by December 15, 2022)
- Project start date (funding disbursement): January 10, 2023 or afterwards
- Progress reports due: April 12, 2023, September 30, 2023 & March 15, 2024
- Project end date: February 29, 2024 or earlier
- Microgrant recipients must complete a survey about their experience with the grant by March 15, 2024 or earlier (if your project wraps up earlier)
Japanese Language Information:
You can use the offline practice form to plan out your application answers (make sure to insert your answers into the actually application form below and hit submit to apply): 2022 Microgrant Offline Application Form