Job Title: Writing and Literature Instructor
Company: Columbia Gorge Community College
Location: The Dalles, OR
Description: The instructor shall be responsible to the Dean of General Education for providing instruction in a wide range of college writing and literature courses and performing other instruction-related activities including assessment, curriculum development, and program evaluation. The instructor will be available to teach face-to-face at campus locations and in online modalities, as well as any time of day or week that meets student need.
- Instruct students in classroom, lab, learning center, or other instructional setting, including online, using approved course content guides.
- Assess student work and maintain appropriate student records.
- Advise students on matters of program goals and course requirements, scheduling office hours as needed.
- Prepare, distribute, and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media, and other devices as appropriate.
- Adhere to the faculty guidelines as specified by the bargaining agreement.
- Participate in scheduled in-service and professional development activities.
- Participate as a team member in departmental meetings and planning activities.
- Participate in curriculum planning and development as needed.
- Serve as a member of college-wide committees and other related activities as requested.
- Participate in the development of the quarterly class schedule and the annual departmental budget; initiate purchase and travel requests, and work orders as needed.
- Engage in regular professional growth activity.
- Represent the college and the program to the community, business, public agencies and other organizations in a professional manner.
- Evaluate educational materials and equipment and assist in the procurement of instructional materials and equipment as related to program need.
- Responsible for departmental equipment; participate in periodic inventory, and provide for the security of facilities and instructional materials as appropriate to the department.
- Promote their courses and programs for student recruitment, including support for advanced college credit activities.
- Maintain college safety standards in work area, classrooms and labs; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices and that students follow those safety practices.
- Perform other duties to meet work load requirements as assigned by the Dean of General Education or Chief Academic Officer.