World Language Teacher – Japanese (KETCHIKAN, Alaska, USA)
- Position Type: High School Teaching/Foreign Language – Japanese
- Date Posted: 4/26/2018
- Location: Ketchikan High School
- Date Available: 2018-2019 School Year
- Closing Date: Until Filled
- District: Ketchikan Gateway Borough Schools – website
JOB TITLE: TEACHER – Japanese
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL/ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
JOB PURPOSE: Requires instruction in area of Japanese, all levels. Ability to work collaboratively with
others, participate in Professional Learning Communities, strong communication skills, flexibility, and
positive attitude are essential. Must have good computer skills. Must be willing to be involved in schoolwide
activities. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Teacher certification issued by the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development. Professional Certificate with endorsement in Japanese.
3. Must meet State of Alaska Highly Qualified requirement where applicable.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using technology and other materials to supplement presentations.
2. Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
3. Interprets and utilizes available diagnostic data to identify and meet individual and group needs and concerns.
4. Uses planning to meet individual and group needs.
5. Shows knowledge of subject matter.
6. Demonstrates skill in establishing and maintaining classroom management that is conducive to learning.
7. Uses a variety of instructional techniques appropriate to the student’s needs.
8. Establishes procedures for assessing student performance and utilizes the results.
9. Communicates and works effectively with students, staff, parents, and community members.
10. Maintains student records in accordance with district requirements. Use of PowerSchool required.
11. Follows district policies and building goals.
12. Performs certain non-instructional duties.
13. Other duties as assigned.
See the full job description: AlaskaJapaneseTeacherJob
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here