We seek a candidate who is committed to the goals of the organization and can bring enthusiasm and commitment to program coordination, primarily with signature programs such our Annual Conference, as well as the Council’s leadership & diversity programs around areas including legislative and business networking, Japanese and Asian American leadership, women’s initiatives and more. Duties will also include coordinator-level work related to public sector and government external relations.
This position offers an opportunity to make an impact in a growing nonprofit and an opportunity to network with prominent leaders at the forefront of U.S.-Japan relations. Fluency in English and strong Japanese proficiency are required.
- Provide administrative support in the development, coordination and execution of programs that support and promote USJC’s mission.
- As part of the Washington, DC office’s Programs Team, directly assist the Program Directors and collaborate with the President, staff, Board of Directors, USJC members, external stakeholders and other experts to successfully implement signature and other programs.
- Work with a cross-functional team in the United States and Japan to support various programs.
- Serves as a principal liaison between contract staff, implementing partners and/or external constituencies on day-to-day programmatic issues.
- Maintain program records and statistical information; collect and analyze data producing accurate reports from datasets and surveys; evaluate and make recommendations to strengthen programs.
- Support the Council’s public sector and government external relations work.
- Assist with other administrative and office responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree. (required)
- Fluency in English and strong proficiency in Japanese. (required)
- Excellent written and oral capabilities and effective interpersonal communication skills, including sensitivity and diplomacy in communicating with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Superb organizational skills, attentive to detail and the ability to work independently under deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Sensibility to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Interest in U.S.-Japan relation activities.
- Positive attitude and flexibility.
- Experience event planning and coordination. (preferred)
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports. (preferred)
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest) and experience managing social media accounts. (preferred)
- Experience with the following computer tools and applications: Database management software (e.g. Salesforce), application management software (e.g. Wufoo, Embark, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word), Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). (preferred)
Candidates should provide a cover letter, resume and 2-3 professional references to USJCProgramCoordinator@usjapancouncil.org. Please make sure you submit all necessary information and documents. This position is an immediate fill and we will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis starting on Tuesday, May 29. Successful candidates will be requested for a phone or in-person interview.
This is an entry-level/junior position. Annual salary will be based on experience and qualification of the candidate. The U.S.-Japan Council does not sponsor visas to work in the United States or fund relocation.