Position Type: Part-Time [20 hours / week]
The U.S.-Japan Council (Japan) is looking for a qualified individual to support the TOMODACHI Alumni Leadership Program. The TOMODACHI Alumni Leadership Program serves to connect and empower the TOMODACHI Generation, individuals who have participated in TOMODACHI programs. The Program produces impactful and innovative programming for program participants who have experienced a TOMODACHI program to help them grow as leaders.
We seek an individual who can assist the Alumni Manager and participate in various stages of engagement to support the next generation of leaders dedicated to the U.S.-Japan relationship. The individual hired for this position will need strong organizational and analytical skills and excellent attention to detail in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team. The individual should be prepared to work in a fast-paced bilingual and bicultural environment. The Alumni Coordinator will gain broad experience in various aspects of project management, marketing, social media, nonprofit management, public-private partnership project administration and civic engagement.
About the Program:
The TOMODACHI Alumni Leadership Program builds upon the initial TOMODACHI experience to inspire and empower the young people of Japan and America, giving them the experiences, skills, and confidence to achieve their dreams and contribute to a better world. We offer the alumni community, which consists of over 7,500 participants of over 250 programs (at the end of 2018) aging from 14 to 40 years old, with a range of opportunities to engage and inspire one another to build strong, enduring relationships. The TOMODACHI Alumni Leadership Program is made possible with the generous support of The Prudential Foundation.
- Build, promote and execute the daily functions to support the TOMODACHI Alumni Leadership Program and its affiliated organizations (TOMODACHI Initiative, U.S.-Japan Council).
- Maintain the Alumni Database and the Alumni Portal; manage and update marketing materials.
- Promote a strong connection between Regional Leaders and alumni in the region.
- Write, create, and translate content for magazines, newsletters and other communications.
- Assist with event planning and promotion, and attend events, including events outside of regular business hours.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Alumni Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One-year professional experience required
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Japanese required
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects
- Proven ability to work and excel as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to help build strong and genuine relationships
- Ability and willingness to travel periodically
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Interest in working in a bilingual and bicultural working environment
- Interest in website development & website design
- Expertise in social media & proven social networking skills
- Willingness to share fresh but well thought out ideas to support program initiatives
- Good presentation skills
- Well-organized & understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details
- Experience studying abroad
- Passion for U.S.-Japan relations and supporting the next generation of leaders
- Alumni of a TOMODACHI program
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Alumni Coordinator Application.
TOMODACHI career page: http://usjapantomodachi.org/get-involved/opportunities/
*Disclaimer: Jobs are neither endorsed nor vetted by USJETAA. Please contact the hiring institution directly with any questions.*