The Japan Foundation Summer Institute in Japan 2018
This Summer Institute aims to provide opportunities for young researchers and graduate students to improve their research methods and abilities and build a trilateral network of researchers between the U.S., Southeast Asia, and Japan. The Summer Institute will be held from Saturday, July 21, 2018 – Wednesday, July 25, 2018.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be graduate students or relatively junior scholars affiliated with institutions of higher education or research institutions in the U.S., 10 ASEAN countries, or Japan; Postdoctoral researchers are also eligible to apply.
- Graduate students or scholars who are conducting research related to Japan in the humanities or social sciences.
- Applicants must be able to attend lectures and discussions in English; preferences are made to those who understand Japanese as well.
- Applicant must be able to attend the entire program except the optional tour.
- Applicant must be in good health.
Please submit the following documents to the Japan Foundation by email.
- Application Form (Word:72KB)
- Statement of Purpose (up to 2 pages)
- Photograph ID (electronic file)
|9:30 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) , Monday, May 7, 2018|
Results will be announced by Friday, June 8, 2018.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here