About the Position
The Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles is seeking a talented, hard-working, organized individual to assist the JET Program Coordinator during the height of recruitment season this fall. This is a temporary contract position which will most likely be full-time for the duration of 34 business days, to take place from approximately September 10 – October 28, 2019. Wages are non-negotiable and do not cover any taxes you may be responsible for later (social security, etc) or parking/transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with JET-related tasks and responsibilities, particularly when the Program Coordinator is out of the office. These tasks include but are not limited to:
o Answering phone calls and email inquiries from prospective JET applicants
o Recording and processing data collected during recruiting and information sessions
o Mailing information to relevant parties and organizations
• Recruit for the JET Program at career fairs and/or information sessions
• Work with consulate staff and outside organizations to assist in the planning and execution of Japan-related events, talks, lectures and official consulate functions.
• Assist the director and other consuls in charge of the Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC) as deemed necessary
Experience and Skills
• Be a recent JET Program returnee (the ideal candidate will have returned from Japan within the past three years)
• Be willing and interested in acquiring detailed knowledge of the JET Program application process
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills, particularly in the area of scheduling and/or event planning
• Experience working with Microsoft Office
• Leadership experience or demonstrated evidence as a reliable self-starter is highly preferable
• Some Japanese language ability is preferred but not required
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Temporary JET Program Assistant” in the subject line. The deadline for submitting applications is 10:00 AM on Tuesday, August 6, 2019. Strong candidates will be contacted for interviews shortly thereafter.