Temporary Assistant for the Invest Japan Program – JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
Thank you to JETAA Southern California & Arizona for sharing this job!
Company: JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) Los Angeles
Title: Temporary Assistant for the Invest Japan Program
Salary: 29 USD/Hour, Temp Position
Employment Period: September 2021 to the end of November 2021 (There is a possibility of extension)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Here is a great job opportunity sent to us by our Co-President Alberto. Please review the information below to learn more about this position.
- The application deadline is 5:00 PM (PDT), August 20 (Fri.), 2021
- Please send your resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Assistant to the Invest Japan program, the candidate will be responsible for the following work duties.
- Support coordinating task/assignments for the Invest Japan program:
- Update the management sheet for the Invest Japan program records, input/maintain/update information on the JETRO headquarters Salesforce database.
- Contact, report, share proactively with the JETRO headquarters, other overseas and regional JETRO offices.
- Support the Invest Japan program specialists with the following duties:
- Contact the specialists and create materials for weekly meetings, support making reports for the specialists, billing specialists, contacting JETRO HQ, the specialists, and companies regarding Invest Japan-related tasks, updating the management sheet, arranging business trips.
- Support registering American companies with the following duties:
- Acquire information on companies that express interest in the Invest Japan program, coordinate meeting and interview dates, create and provide informational and other related materials, sit in meetings.
- Write records of meeting/interview results, create draft proposals for newly registered companies, input information on the database after acquiring the supervisor’s approval, contact JETRO HQ, etc. regarding these duties.
- Support registered American companies with the following duties:
- Gather information from JETRO’s database and reports and provide them to registered companies.
- Support the participation of registered American companies in JETRO sponsored events.
- Implement the contacting, reporting, and sharing of requests to JETRO HQ for arranging meetings between registered companies and Japanese consultants (legal, HR, financial, etc.)
- Implement the contacting, reporting, and sharing of requests to JETRO HQ for arranging the use of IBSC (Investment Japan Business Support Center) facilities for registered companies.
- Implement the contacting, reporting and sharing of requests to JETRO HQ for business matching requests.
- Support other related tasks requested by the registered companies, as deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
- Support the implementation of surveys related to the Invest Japan program:
- Research trends in the tech field that are applicable to supporting the Invest Japan program. Confirming the implementation period/survey content, sharing/reporting/contacting JETRO HQ, etc., requesting a budget estimate, concluding contracts, placing orders, confirming the progress of the research, confirming/editing the completed version of the research report at the preliminary stage, implementing payments, etc.
- Support the implementation of events：
- The candidate will support tasks related to the implementation and participation of Invest Japan related events. Contacting and coordinating with sponsors and organizers (confirming exhibition/conference rules, submitting documents and presentation/exhibition materials), event setup, recruiting subcontractors, contacting/reporting/sharing information/concluding contracts/paying subcontractors, contacting/reporting/sharing information to JETRO HQ, providing on-the-day of support the events.
- In the case of webinars, the candidate must be able to operate various systems (Zoom, GoToWebinar, etc.), contact/report/share information to other participants, create a script proposal/event announcement, run the webinar on the day of (it is not a prerequisite to know how to operate the webinar software), implement honoraria payments to speakers.
- Support gathering daily information related to the Invest Japan program and initiatives, support creating various materials in relation to this:
- The candidate will gather daily information related to the Invest Japan program and its initiatives, and create various materials in relation to these topics.
- Specifically, the candidate will gather information related to technological trends, policy from the national Japanese government/local Japanese governments, policy from federal and local US government, grasp the latest daily information and share it with the appropriate teams.
- Create and management various documents:
- The candidate will create internal proposals/requests in order to gain approval to implement projects/events. The candidate will also be responsible for organizing and maintaining proposals in the appropriate physical and digital folders.
- Other tasks requested by the Executive Director
- Languages used: Japanese and English
- The candidate must be able to use both languages at a business level when communicating with JETRO HQ, Japanese and American companies.
- Understand that JETRO is a Japanese governmental organization and work with a public worker mindset.
- Must be able to observe strict compliance for JETRO rules and handling sensitive materials.
- Report/Communicate/Consult smoothly with the director.
- Possess teamwork skills (share email correspondences, cover for colleagues who are taking time off.
- Approach tasks in a proactive manner, proactively learn skills and knowledge required on the job.
- Have 3 years or more professional experience.
- Must be able to communicate smoothly with JETRO Los Angeles staff, JETRO Headquarters, JETRO regional offices/other JETRO overseas offices, JETRO specialists, Japanese companies, American companies, etc.
- In principle, you will be asked to work in the office. We ask that you receive the consent of your family and be comfortable to work in-person.
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent resident that is able to work legally in the US ※We cannot provide VISA support.
- Possess general PC skills such as, Microsoft Word, Excel（Must be able to use basic formulas), PowerPoint
- Understand business customs and differences between Japan and the US.
- Must be able to drive a car in the Los Angeles area.
- We welcome those with specialized knowledge in technology. However, it is not a prerequisite for the job.
You will report to：
Tech Team：Executive Director Mr. Norihiko Saeki 佐伯 徳彦
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here