Sr. Analyst – Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc (Washington, DC)
Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. is currently looking to fill a Sr. Analyst position in their Washington, DC office.
Mitsui’s Washington, DC office was established as a corporate branch in 1979 to monitor U.S. political, economic, legislative, and regulatory issues in Washington with some focus on energy and natural resources business field and on local international institutions such as World Bank, IMF, IDB and so forth. WSHZZ also expanded intelligence field to trade because it became a large political and economic issue between U.S. and Japan as Japanese economy grew fast in 1980s. U.S. government driven new technologies are also of our interest. Regionally, we monitor not only U.S.-Japan relationship, but also U.S. and other nations’ relationship on a bi-lateral or group basis while we focus on political and economical information of Latin American nations as Mitsui & Co. (USA) covers Americas in its entirety. With our stock of experience and information as well as good connections to key players in Washington, DC, we would like to be a strong internal business partner providing information and guidance of interest to Mitsui management and colleagues.
Sr. Analyst Position Summary
This position is responsible for conducting research for Mitsui USA and Mitsui Tokyo. The incumbent will support Washington DC office’s intelligence activities with reports and networking.
- Conducts comprehensive research on U.S. domestic politics including the administrative system and the electoral system, economy, trade & foreign policy issues.
- Searches sources, such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
- Analyzes and evaluates applicability of collected data and presents findings.
- Proactively attending various conferences/meetings and promptly writing reports on the respective topics.
- Prepares analyses, reports and memos based on the researched information for distribution to Mitsui. Supports business departments by responding to specific requests for research and information. Also supports new business development projects.
In-depth understanding of U.S. domestic politics including the administrative system as well as the electoral system, economy, trade & foreign policy issues; policies related to various industries.
Technical / Communication Skills:
- Fluent in English and Japanese (written/verbal skills at a business level or above) (JLPT: N1 required)
- Excellent information-gathering, analytical (quantitate and qualitative) and problem solving skills leading to high-quality deliverables (reports/analysis, assessment and business implication)
- Excellent communication, presentation (written and verbal) and network building skills
Bachelors degree and minimum seven (7) years of working experience that indicates the ability to do the job above.
Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package including but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. will not be able to relocate candidates for this position.
If interested in applying to this position, please send your cover letter and resume to the below email address and include “Sr. Analyst – WSHZZ (Job Code: 2019)” in the subject line.
Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. – Company Profile
Incorporated in the state of New York in 1966, Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. (Mitsui USA) is engaged in business investment, project development and management, and capital goods leasing and technology transfer, in addition to traditional businesses of a Sogo Shosha (general trading company) such as import, export, off-shore trade and domestic wholesale.
For further reference on our Company, below is a link to Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc.’s website:
Disclaimer: This job is neither endorsed nor vetted by USJETAA. Please contact the hiring institution directly with any questions.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here