Company: AFS-USA Intercultural Programs
Title: Seasonal Inbound Sponsored Programs Admissions Assistant – AFS-USA Intercultural Programs
Salary: Seasonal, $18/hour
Location: Remote, USA
AFS-USA works towards a more just and peaceful world by providing international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities through a global volunteer partnership.
AFS-USA is out of the National Service Center in New York City. AFS-USA is proud of its network of more than 5000 volunteers located in communities throughout the United States. Our staff and volunteers work in partnership to deliver quality intercultural exchange programs to adolescents and adults, both those interested in coming to the U.S. as well as those interested in experiencing life abroad.
As a reputed exchange organization AFS-USA has worked in conjunction with other exchange organizations to administer government funded public diplomacy programs, including the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program and the Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) program, both of which provide foreign students and American families and schools with face-to-face diplomacy through an intercultural experience. YES and FLEX are funded by the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). Detailed program information can be found at www.yesprograms.org and www.discoverflex.org.
The Seasonal Inbound Sponsored Programs Admissions Assistant:
The Seasonal Inbound Sponsored Programs (ISP) Admissions Assistant works closely with the Inbound Sponsored Programs Admissions Coordinators and the ISP Team to manage the data integrity of applicant information in Global Link (the AFS network database) and in AIS (the American Councils network database). These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· reviewing student application materials with a particular focus on assessing academic and medical eligibility for the programs;
· supporting the ISP team, communicating effectively within AFS-USA, maintaining accurate data entry in both Global Link and AIS (internal and external databases);
· and other AFS tasks as required.
Responsibilities: (Key functions)
· Application Review
o Closely review all application forms for completion utilizing process checklists and verify student information in necessary databases.
o Work with the Sponsored Programs Senior Specialists and Inbound Sponsored Programs Admissions Coordinators to ensure that all applications are complete and clear and make sure that any missing documents are followed up upon.
o Assist in various tasks related to the host family placements, included but not limited to, writing student bios and identifying special placement needs.
· Database Management
o Create, integrate, and manage student records, including preparing and uploading student application components and maintaining host family, host school and local contact information.
o Ensure 100% accuracy of data entry and updates in Global Link and AIS.
o Upload forms to the Global Link database as needed.
o Provide timely and accurate responses or information to all parties while adhering to contact standards.
o Other responsibilities as assigned.
Ideal candidates must have two years post high school education or three years related work experience and will possess the following knowledge/skills/experience:
· BA/BS desirable
· Administrative experience, including proven ability to write and edit communications
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software suite (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive) and Google suite
· Ability to learn and adapt to the use of new systems
· Track record of working collaboratively to achieve results
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities
· Excellent organizational and customer service skills
· Detail oriented
· Ability to meet deadlines and keep multiple concurrent projects organized
· Ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds
· Study abroad/international experience preferred
· Flexible and responsive
· Commitment to the mission and principles of AFS Intercultural Programs
This is a remote position. Hours range from 9am-5pm EST, Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch. Depending on workload, number of hours in each day may vary. The Seasonal Inbound Sponsored Programs Admissions Assistant must be flexible to work outside these hours, occasionally on weekends, if needed as required by goals and deadlines.
Salary, Requirements & Benefits
The seasonal position’s hourly pay is $18.00 per hour. This is a temporary position lasting approximately five to six months with a tentative start date of November 30, 2020 and a tentative end date of April 30, 2021.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.