Saudi Young Leaders Exchange Program Trip Leader/Trainer – Legacy International (Washington, D.C.)
Company: Legacy International
Title: Saudi Young Leaders Exchange Program Trip Leader/Trainer
Salary: Seasonal – $2,200 per month/DOE
Location: Washington, D.C. + Other US Cities as Assigned
Legacy International equips emerging leaders to transform their values and vision into sustainable success. Our programs and services help people of all ages form collaborative teams around shared values, develop entrepreneurial mindsets and business models, promote social responsibility and lead to peaceful sustainable communities. Since 1979, projects and initiatives have involved professionals, community leaders, and youths from 110 countries. Legacy is funded by multiple federal and private grants, fee-for-service, gifts and donations. Significant support comes from the U.S. Dept of State. We are headquartered in Bedford, VA with additional employees working in Washington, DC. and Richmond, VA.
The Saudi Young Leaders Exchange is a multi-phased leadership experience for Saudi university students or recent graduates & US Cultural Ambassadors (undergraduate graduate and recent graduates). For more details: https://www.legacyintl.org/our-programs/saudi-young-leaders-exchange/
Facilitate & guide participants thru Legacy’s experiential leadership training. In accordance w/ our COVID guidelines, Trip Leaders/Trainers will anchor 1 of 5 COVID “bubbles” made up of a US Cultural Ambassadors (univ student) and a subset of Saudis. Serve as group facilitator, trainer, mentor and process monitor. Sessions and activities will take place both virtually and in-person, following public health and Legacy guidelines. This person will travel and be in residence with participants throughout the US program. (Hotel accommodations provided. This is not a remote position.)
* Guide participants as they develop a vision of themselves as leaders and build skills in decision making, creative thinking and project planning/implementation.
* Work with U.S. Cultural Ambassadors as they develop skills as culturally sensitive peer mentors, while enhancing their own entrepreneurial profiles.
* Facilitate interaction within the Saudis and their US counterparts through formal and informal interactions, site visits, presentations and discussions.
* Escort a segment of the participants during a 2 week “Community Immersion” to 1 of 5 cities and to DC, monitoring and facilitating their learning process.
• Inspire participants to continue taking an active role in their home communities & university campuses.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: https://www.legacyintl.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Job-Description.SYLEP-Trip-Leader-Faciliator.2021-as-of-2.18.pdf
*** Available from July 5-Aug 30, 2021
* Professional experience in international exchange or w/ travel programs.
* Previous experience guiding young adults during travel or other experiential programs preferred.
* Previous experience working with college students.
* Previous experience as a trainer/teacher in leadership, innovation, or dialogue/diversity w/ expertise developing lesson plans/training sessions.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multi-task, keep group on schedule, respond to unanticipated needs, work under pressure; and make appropriate adjustments as needed.
* Ability to work as part of a collaborative team (both virtually & in-person).
* Ability to manage fiscal responsibilities related to the program.
* Possess strength/endurance required to manage a travel program.
* Demonstrated enthusiasm w/ strong social skills when interacting with others.
* Interest in history and culture of the Middle East. Preference for candidates w/ previous experience working with people from the region.
* Ability to create and manage a harmonious group dynamic.
* Ability to lead and moderate discussions and reflective activities.
* Ability to mentor others and facilitate creative, self-motivated learning.
* Receptive to and knowledgeable of delegates’ cultural, spiritual, and personal needs.
* (May possess equivalent post-secondary coursework, training, and experience.)
* Stamina; ability to work long, active hours.
* US citizen or permanent resident
$4400 (negotiable). Accommodations/meals are provided by Legacy (Jul 5-Aug 29).
Contact email: email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SYLEP” in subject line.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here