The Embassy of Japan is seeking a proactive and team-oriented individual for the position of Researcher. This individual will be primarily responsible for conducting research and performing various office support functions, such as assisting and supporting a wide range of activities for diplomats in the Economic Section. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with a 1.5-hour lunch break from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm. There is also a once a month lunchtime receptionist duty, and the occasional weeknight and/or weekend event (all qualify for paid overtime).
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be requested to submit their background check information.
- Monitoring news and press releases on economic issues and policy developments, as well as providing regular briefings as requested
- Conducting research and providing analysis on important political developments regarding economic issues.
- Participating in and providing summaries of meetings, events and seminars upon request from diplomats.
- Drafting, editing, and/or proofreading correspondence and documents in English.
- Performing various office support functions such as preparing and supporting meetings and events.
- Other relevant responsibilities as needed.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluent in English; ability to speak/read Japanese preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork, flexibility, critical thinking skills, resourcefulness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Study or work experience in Japan preferred
How to apply:
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday, June 30th, 2022.
Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.