Programs Coordinator, East Asian Studies – Council on East Asian Studies at the MacMillan Center at Yale University (CEAS) (New Haven, CT)
Position: Programs Coordinator, East Asian Studies
Organization: Council on East Asian Studies at the MacMillan Center at Yale University (CEAS)
Location: New Haven, CT
Full Details: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25053&siteid=5248&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=1471913#jobDetails=1471913_5248
Reporting to and under the general direction of the Assistant Program Director, perform high-level administrative and financial services to support the mission and overall programming operations of the Council on East Asian Studies at the MacMillan Center at Yale University (CEAS). Working in a team environment, this position provides financial support including expense processing, financial reporting, journal entries, procurement and accounts payable activities, maintaining excel spreadsheets for reporting, and to serve as a source of information on financial procedures. This position also works as necessary with the MacMillan Business Office on financial processing and directly with faculty, staff and student research account holders to provide support on research accounts and other financial inquiries. In addition, as part of the CEAS team, this position works as needed to provide support on coordination and implementation of events (e.g., lectures, film series, workshops, conferences and cultural activities). Develop and edit CEAS advertising, publicity materials, and program publications, including content for newsletters; consider new ways to utilize social media, webcasts, podcasts, and other technologies to enhance CEAS programming initiatives; provide digital documentation of CEAS programs, including recordings and photography; and provide consistent and detailed website and database updates, including keeping programming resources current on various calendars and digital platforms. Assist with preparation of digital resources on EliScholar and other academic repositories. Assist with the compilation of materials for external grant applications and annual reporting requirements as part of CEAS stewardship activities, including comprehensive data related to programs supported by federal and non-federal grants. Oversee work of student workers assigned to help with CEAS programs.
1. Oversees and coordinates program activities. Establishes, selects, implements, and coordinates administrative functions, procedures, and systems.
2. Based on knowledge of and experience with program activities, objectives and staff, serves as principal source of information on policies, procedures, programs and office activities. Establishes and maintains professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
3. Processes and monitors expenses and ensures adherence to budgetary guidelines. Prepares budget drafts based on existing budgets. May oversee, coordinate and/or complete applications and materials needed for grant submission.
4. Composes substantive correspondence and written material. Determines sources of data. Compiles, synthesizes and manipulates data. Summarizes findings and writes, produces and distributes reports or portions of reports. May create simple databases.
5. Provides editorial support for a journal/publication. Proofreads and edits material for grammatical and factual accuracy. Tracks copy through various editing and production stages. Communicates with authors, printers, and others concerned with published work.
6. Oversees, instructs, and coordinates activities of support staff.
7. Ensure compliance with University, Federal, and State guidelines, rules, and regulations.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here