Shared with us directly from the LA Consulate.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Program Coordinator (Cultural Diplomacy)
The Japan Information and Culture Center at the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles seeks to fill a Program Coordinator position to advance our cultural diplomacy objectives. The ideal candidate should have a firm understanding of Japanese culture and society, as well as Japan’s foreign policies. The candidate should have strong communication skills, an event organizing background and outreach capabilities including the use of social media. The candidate must be able to function as a team player in a Japanese bureaucracy and understand the role of the Japanese Consulate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the planning and execution of Consulate-sponsored events
- Responding to inquiries from the public pertaining to Japan
- Coordinating collaborations with Japanese institutions and Japan-related organizations in the jurisdiction of the Consulate General
- Coordinating with local institutions in the efforts to promote sister-city relations
- Coordinating with public and non-profit institutions in our outreach efforts
- Administrative duties and other requirements within the Consulate General
- Reporting to the Director of the Japan Information and Culture Center
- Effectively disseminating and updating information on the website and social media
- Additional tasks outside of the job description may be required