Reporting to the Executive Director of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute (WEAI), and working in support of the Directors of the Master of Arts in Regional Studies-East Asia (MARSEA) program, the incumbent serves as the primary contact for all student-facing issues and policies.
Click for full information.
In this role s/he will:
- Manages administration of the MARSEA program including budgeting, advertising, application processing, admissions, student support, and alumni initiatives;
- Oversees student fellowship programs supporting research, language acquisition, unpaid internships, and dissertation write-up during the summer and academic year;
- Liaises with East Asia-related student groups on events and programming, supervising event planning and execution, program development, and budget management;
- Advises students on program and specialization requirements;
- Coordinates with various University student services offices as needed to ensure that optimal programs, courses, and support services are available for WEAI students;
- Prepares student data for grant proposals and funder reports, including federal grants;
- Identifies and pursue new fellowship funding opportunities for students;
- Assists with special Institute projects as they are developed;
- Supervises and assign work to student assistants; and
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent. At least 2 years’ related experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, high level of initiative, and the ability to work independently required.
- Advanced degree in the fields of East Asian Studies, International Affairs, and/or Higher Education, and experience living and working in an Asian country highly desirable.
- Some proficiency in an Asian language helpful.
- Experience in a student-facing role preferred.
- Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to receive full consideration. A writing sample may be requested from finalists.