Program Coordinator at USJETAA – Part-Time (Washington, DC)
Position Title: Program Coordinator (part-time)
Position Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Executive Director
Professional Level: Entry level
The United States Japan Exchange & Teaching Programme Alumni Association (USJETAA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and cultural organization that promotes grassroots friendship and understanding between the United States and Japan through the personal and professional experiences of over 30,000 Americans who have participated on the JET Program since its inception in 1987. The organization serves as a resource for individual JET alumni, JETAA chapters nationwide, and potential JET participants, supports the leadership of JETAA chapters with programming, membership recruitment, chapter management, leadership, professional development, and fundraising, and supports the JET Program and engages the US-Japan community.
USJETAA seeks an entry-level Program Coordinator to support the administration of regular programs and grants. The Program Coordinator will provide programmatic and administrative support in all program functions including, but not limited to: preparation of grant proposals and reports; event planning, execution and follow-up; filing expenses; assisting with logistics on grants awarded to JETAA chapters; internal and external coordination and communication. The Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of and interest in U.S.-Japan relations
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Authorization to work in the U.S. (non-US citizens must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship for a visa)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Japanese Studies, International Relations, History, Political Science, or area studies relevant to Japan and Asia)
- Is an alumni of the JET Program
- Administrative support experience
- Experience in non-profit programs and event planning
- Experience with communications, social media, marketing, and/or mass email marketing systems (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Provide administrative and programmatic support as directed by the Executive Director
- Assist in drafting USJETAA grant program proposals and reports
- Assist in evaluating incoming proposals and documents from JETAA chapters, JET alumni, and current JETs
- Assist in formulating project budgets and tracking expenditure of funds
- Create and post social media and website content related to grants and programs
- Monitor USJETAA’s general email inbox and respond to messages
Compensation and Benefits:
The hourly rate is $16 per hour for a maximum of 20 hours per week for 1 year. Normal working hours are Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. The days and hours the Program Coordinator will come to the office are flexible and will be coordinated with the Executive Director.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Ms. Bahia Simons-Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the title “Program Assistant” in the subject line. All attachments should be labelled “First Name Last Name_Document Title” (e.g. Jane Doe_Resume). Cover letter should detail why you want to work with USJETAA, how your past experience makes you a good fit for the position, and your available start date.
The application deadline is Friday, August 31st, 2018.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here