Company: Pivot Learning
Title: Program Associate
Salary: TBD, Full-time
Location: Oakland, CA
About the Organization
Mission: Pivot Learning is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to partner with educators to design and implement solutions to their greatest challenges in achieving educational justice.
Vision: We envision a future where our public schools provide our most underserved students with an outstanding education.
Our Work: In partnership with our subsidiary the Consortium on Reaching Excellence in Education (CORE), we work with educators to co-design strategies for great teaching and learning that are rooted in evidence; support implementation through high-quality, evidence-based, and experienced professional services and project management; and we design scalable solutions to develop sustainable practices for continuous improvement, and effective, ongoing management.
Theory of Change: We believe that in order to achieve real improvement in student outcomes, we must collaborate with educators to design agile solutions, measure their effectiveness and potential for sustainability and scalability, and deploy them in our nation’s neediest schools
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a Program Associate to join the Pivot team. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting and coordinating projects in our Curriculum Implementation portfolio. The ideal candidate would be passionate about and committed to Pivot’s mission, vision and values. They should have solid project management, teamwork, and communication skills. The ideal candidate would have experience in or working with k-12 schools, districts, or other education-focused organizations. They would have strong interpersonal and customer service skills and experience maintaining positive relationships with partners and clients.
This is a full-time, Exempt position, reporting to either a Vice President or Senior Program Manager. Pivot is headquartered in Oakland, CA, however all staff are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We anticipate going back to an in-office setting at a future date, once it is safe, and candidates for this position should be based in the Bay Area accordingly. Future travel (car and air) may be required for this role, once travel is considered safe.
· Working with Vice Presidents, Directors, and Program Managers to support the development and execution of project plans, playing a lead role in helping to keep projects and stakeholders on track.
· Supporting internal project meetings, including scheduling, managing invites, developing and/or revising agenda and content for the meetings, managing logistics, note-taking.
· Supporting staff in planning and delivering in-person or virtual engagements with project partners and/or clients, including school districts, CMOs, and/or schools. These are typically webinars, workshops or trainings, and school site visits. Support looks like:
- Developing and sending communications to participants, managing registration forms, RSVPs. Copy-editing, organizing, distributing content to participants.
- Supporting all technical needs for staff and participants (e.g. managing online breakout rooms and polls, answering technical questions from participants).
- For future in-person events, this includes reserving conference facilities; hotel accommodations and travel arrangements; managing catering, materials and supplies; room and A/V arrangements, and documenting the event.
- Working with staff to develop and execute evaluation plans, research, gather, and organize project data, and administer data collection tools, such as surveys. This might also include doing light data analysis, like theming survey feedback, producing reports, and presenting data analysis to staff, partners, and clients.
· Developing plans for and managing social media for programs and projects, in alignment with our overall communications strategy and plans. Curate topical and themed articles and posts. Track and record use analytics from social media engagements.
· Developing, revising, storing, and accessing online resources that are both internal to Pivot and external to our partners and clients. This includes copy-editing and basic formatting, in partnership with our communications and marketing team. Store and organize all project-specific and program foundational content in Box and Google. Ensure that the team has access to all content.
· Making purchases and managing expense reporting for the program and projects to our Finance office. Schedule and attend monthly program and project budget meetings.
· Collaborating with the Product Management function at Pivot to help gather information and collect artifacts from projects, track product development progress in our online tool, and check in with owners, create and review products, upload and organize products, and test products.
· Assisting in efforts around client/business development and promotion of Pivot’s programs, including scheduling meetings with potential clients, gathering information on potential clients, and providing potential clients with basic information about our services and products.
· Supporting in direct technical assistance with clients, as needed.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· A passion for the mission and vision of Pivot Learning and a desire to continually broaden and deepen the organization’s impact. An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities. Experience living or working in high poverty communities, or a deep understanding of issues impacting such communities.
· Strong commitment to high quality customer service and support of our clients.
· Solid project management skills, including the capacity to develop plans and manage resources and the ability to prioritize, organize, and handle multiple tasks with a high level of attention to detail.
· Experience collecting, organizing, managing, and analyzing data.
· Exceptional communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening), including copy-editing skills.
· A proactive, highly self-directed working style, yet a strong focus on collaboration with colleagues.
· Reliable, dependable, professional, and positive with strong problem-solving skills and mindsets.
· High capacity and efficiency with assigned work.
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and equivalent Google programs (e.g. Drive, Sheets). Working knowledge of common project management tools, like Asana, or willingness to learn. Proficient in online tools like Salesforce, Box, etc. a plus.
· Currently virtual, but eventually able to travel regularly to project sites across the US.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position title in the subject line of the email for the fastest consideration. In your cover letter, please comment on how your skills and experience are a good match for this position, your salary requirements, and where you heard about this position. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that due to their winter break, any applications received after December 15, 2020 won’t be reviewed until first week in January, please expect a delay in response during that time.