Program Assistant – University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA)
The Program Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support for developing community engagement programming in the field of Japan Studies. The Program Assistant will promote Japan Studies across a broad range of disciplines and languages, in engagement activities coordinated with the Asian Studies Center, other units of the University, K-16 teachers and students, local internationally engaged organizations, other major universities, community colleges and Title III/Title V- eligible institutions.
The Program Assistant will work with faculty, staff, students, K-16 educators, pre-service and in-service teachers to develop outreach materials about Japan Studies. Primary duties include:
1) Cultivate connections with local community groups
2) Develop and conduct virtual Japan-related outreach programs designed for regional populations of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
3) Support Japan Studies Faculty activities
4) Organize and implement online seminars and workshops that support dialog and networking to foster a deeper understanding of Japan
5) Assist with all aspects of virtual programming including registration, video conferencing, technical troubleshooting and recording of online events.
The Program Assistant will manage the scheduling, logistics, publicity, and information for a range of Japan Studies activities. The Program Assistant may also be asked to assist the Asian Studies Center with other events and programs as needed. One year of relevant program experience Interest and some knowledge of East Asia desired and background in Japan Studies required. Proficiency in written and oral Japanese.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here