- Lead cross functional team initiatives to continuously refine technical processes for improved reliability, repeatability and security.
- Provide leadership / guidance to identify system improvement efforts that increase application stability.
- Collaborate with broader organization to identify opportunities and solve operational problems using innovative tools/processes.
- Promote continuous improvement to maximize organizational productivity.
- Leverage technical experience and metrics to influence the implementation of identified improvements.
- Plan, collaborate, and coordinate with technology and business teams to improve service levels and lower costs.
- Advise team on operational values, practices and processes.
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
- Self-motivated and able to lead/drive things independently with the willingness to learn and implement new technologies as needed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in Application Development or Maintenance
- Background in using application performance monitoring tools (such as AppDynamics or Splunk) to identify recurring patterns of reliability and performance issues and provide proactive tuning recommendations for fixing them
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment and using Agile practices, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with any relational database management system (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle) and ability to analyze operational data.
- Excellent technical knowledge and background
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and international cultural awareness
- Cybersecurity experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and openly communicate cross-functionally, particularly with development teams
- Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Containers
- Experience in Scripting languages
- Working knowledge of the ITIL framework & Lean Six Sigma
- Working knowledge of DevOps principles
- Experience working with offshore teams and vendor partner
- Service Now and Jira Experience
- Finance/Insurance industry experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English/Japanese), is a plus
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110469
Department: Information Technology
- Financial Services
- Information Technology