The Consulate General of Japan in Boston’s JET Program section is looking to fill two paid internship roles to start in late January/early February. We have two paid roles, one of which the assistant will be expected to come to work starting Friday, January 28th, which would be for an orientation/training day, and then continue on to the next week from January 31st until February 4th. In total, the position will be for a total of six days. The second position will be expected to come in from February 7th until February 9th to assist in data entry of the final interview materials. Please also note that these positions will be in-person roles.
The Consulate General of Japan in Boston is seeking a talented, hard-working individual to assist the JET Program section during the JET Program interview selection period in early February, 2022. This is a temporary contract position. Wages are set at $100 a day, are non-negotiable, and do not cover taxes, for which you may be responsible at a later time (social security, etc.). Parking/transportation costs are also not included.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Assisting with operation of Zoom during the interviews (January 28th – February 4th position)
– Organizing and disseminating information to interviewers (January 28th – February 4th position)
– Preparing materials for each day of interviews (January 28th – February 4th position)
– Collecting and processing data in a timely manner (Both positions)
– Assist the Consul in charge of the JET Program as well as the JET Program Coordinator as deemed necessary for the preparation of JET Program interviews, and/or resulting materials (Both positions)
– Assist during JET interviews (January 28th – February 4th position)
– Will be responsible for keeping track of interviewees, distributing and collecting necessary paperwork during JET Program interviews (January 28th – February 4th position)
– Assist in data entry for the results of the interviews, in preparation to send the final materials to Tokyo (February 7th – 9th position)
– Will answer questions about their JET Program experience, if applicable
Ideal Experience and Skills:
– Be willing and interested in acquiring detailed knowledge of the JET Program application process
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills, particularly in the area of scheduling and/or event planning
– Experience working with Microsoft Office and Zoom
– Previous participation on the JET Program is preferred, but not required
If you are interested in partaking in one of the essential parts of the JET Program screening process, and feel you are qualified to do so, please send an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 14th. Please also note which position you would prefer, or if you are open to either position. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.