Use your expertise in English and Japanese to help Duolingo users learn better.
Duolingo is looking for a tech-savvy Japanese to English translator who is a native speaker of English. If you have some linguistic training, translation experience, and would like to get involved in the Duolingo content creation process, this position is perfect for you.
- Translate our learning content from Japanese to English
- Review Japanese to English translations
- Use our internal tool for managing courses
- Strong interest in the mission of Duolingo
- Native fluency in English (English from the US preferred)
- Native or near-native fluency in Japanese
- Linguistic training or familiarity with the different parts of speech
- Experience working with and writing formulas in Google Spreadsheets
- Ability to work 25-35 hours a week, as necessary
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 300 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of the Best for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter, and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.