JET Program Coordinator (Washington, DC)
The Embassy of Japan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of JET Program Coordinator at the Public Affairs Section. This individual is primarily responsible for coordinating the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program with the other JET Program Coordinators and the JET Program’s supervising diplomats. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with lunch time receptionist duty once a month and occasional weeknight and/or weekend events (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience and the skills of the candidate. Benefits include group health insurance coverage, paid time off, sick leave and an annual bonus. There is a potential annual salary increase based on individual performance. The minimum monthly base salary for this position is $3,500 USD. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be requested to submit their background check information.
- Collaborating and communicating with the other JET Program Coordinators and the JET Program’s supervising diplomats to effectively and efficiently run the JET Program’s office in the United States
- Organizing and coordinating the JET Program application processes, including application processing, the review process, and interviews
- Communicating with JET applicants from DC, MD and VA to ensure they have submitted all of the required application documents in a timely manner and are prepared to depart to Japan
- Communicating and collaborating with other JET Program Coordinators at Japanese Consulates in the U.S.
- Planning and facilitating JET Program events and orientations
- Working with the JET Alumni Association on various projects
- Drafting and uploading posts for social media about topics related to the JET Program and Japan-US exchange
- Responding to telephone and email inquiries pertaining to the JET Program
- Handling administrative duties such as making appointments, developing itineraries, answering phone calls from the public and coordinating transportation for the JET Office Coordinators and the JET Program’s supervising diplomats
- Assisting diplomats with tasks related to the promotion of Japan-U.S. exchange
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 1+ years of experience in program coordination with specific preference towards education, exchange and/or international programs
- JET Program Alumnus Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience living or working in Japan preferred
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Japanese language preferred
How to apply:
- Email your resume, cover letter and reference letter(s), if any to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st. Please write “JET Program Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the instructions for submission are not properly followed.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here