JET Program Coordinator – the Embassy of Japan in Washington, D.C.(Washington, D.C., USA)
Position passed on to us by JETAADC.
About the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program
The JET Program is the government of Japan’s most successful exchange program, sending over 70,000 participants to Japan since 1987 to serve as Assistant Language Teachers and Coordinators for International Relations. The program aims to enhance English language education at the primary and secondary school levels, and promote international exchange by fostering ties at the grassroots level between Japanese youth and young professionals across the globe.
Under the supervision of the Public Affairs Section diplomats, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the screening process for applications for all U.S. candidates, recruitment and interviewing of applicants in the D.C./Maryland/Virginia area, and preparing successful candidates for departure. This position will also involve liaising with the JET Alumni Association of Washington, D.C. and assisting with other projects within the Public Affairs diplomats’ portfolio as necessary.
– Coordination of the review and interview processes, including scheduling and serving as point of contact for review and interview committee members
– Managing the online application system, temporary application processing staff, and responding to applicant inquiries
– Planning and execution of events, including logistical support, coordinating volunteers, and conducting presentations
– Program promotion through recruiting events and social media outreach efforts
– Communicate and collaborate with other JET Program Coordinators at Japanese Consulates in the U.S.
– Other duties assigned at the discretion of the Public Affairs diplomats
Full job information here: JET PC Job Announcement June 2021
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here