JET Program Coordinator – Embassy of Japan (Washington DC)
The JET Program is the government of Japan’s most successful exchange program, sending over 70,000
participants to Japan from around the world since 1987 to serve as Assistant Language Teachers and
Coordinators for International Relations. The program aims to enhance English and other foreign language education at the primary and secondary school levels, and promote international exchange by fostering ties at the grassroots level between Japanese youth and young professionals across the globe.
Under the supervision of the Public Affairs Section diplomats at the Embassy of Japan in the U.S.A., the
Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the screening process for applications for all U.S. candidates, recruitment and interviewing of applicants in the D.C./Maryland/Virginia area, and preparing successful candidates for departure. This position will also involve liaising with the JET Alumni Association of Washington, D.C. and assisting with other projects within the Public Affairs diplomats’ portfolio as necessary.
See the full job posting
- Coordination of the review and interview processes, including scheduling and serving as point of contact for review and interview committee members
- Managing the online application system, supervising temporary application processing staff, and
responding to applicant inquiries
- Planning and execution of events, including logistical support, coordinating volunteers, and conducting presentations
- Program promotion through recruiting events and social media outreach efforts
- Communicate and collaborate with other JET Program Coordinators at Japanese Consulates in the U.S.
- Other duties assigned at the discretion of the Public Affairs diplomats
- A U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder
- Bachelor’s degree
- Native-level English verbal and written skills
- Excellent organization, time-management, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines
- Ability to work both as an independent self-starter and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of the JET Program
- Japanese language ability
- Experience working with international education/exchange programs
- Experience with social media and digital marketing
Please Note: The Program Coordinator is an independent contractor to the Embassy and will not be deemed an employee of the Embassy for any purpose whatsoever. Salary starts at $48,000 annually. Successful candidates will be required to submit references and a background check.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 10. Any references from your recent employer may also be submitted at this time. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here