The JET Program Office at the Embassy of Japan is seeking Processing Staff for the 2023 JET
Application processing season. Processing staff will have the opportunity to learn more about the
JET Program from an administrative perspective.
More information: https://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/english/html/2023-Processing-Staff-Announcement.pdf
This is a temporary position from November 1st, 2022 to December 20th 2022. The position is in-person based out of the Embassy of Japan in Washington D.C. The end date is subject to change.
– Checking online application materials for completeness
– Working with other processors to confirm completeness of application materials
– Preparation of application materials for review
– Organizing, scanning and data entry of documents
– Staff will work in the JET Program Office at the Embassy of Japan
- 2520 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
– Working hours are 9:30AM to 12:30PM & 1:00PM to 5:00PM (M-F)
– Salary is $17.00/hr
– As this is a temporary position, health insurance and benefits are not offered
– Parking is available if needed
– Must be a U.S. citizen or have proper authorization to seek employment in the U.S.
– Must not intend to apply to the 2023 and 2024 JET Program. Being a processing staff
makes you ineligible to apply until the 2025 JET Program.
– Native or near-native English proficiency
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
– Able to sit for long periods of time and focus while performing repetitive tasks
– Competent with basic computer skills
– Former JET Program participants are strongly preferred
How to Apply
– Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 19th
- Enter “2023 JET Application Processing” as the subject line
– Include the following information in the body of the email:
- Available start date
- Availability (M-F 9:30AM-5:00PM)
- Availability to work additional hours after 5:00PM if necessary (paid)Notice of any required days off (if known at time of application)
- Preferred contact phone number