Toyo Gakuen University is looking for an intern to support English classes, manage the English Lounge, and provide advance guidance for study abroad for 10 months from September 2021.
Terms of employment:
9:00-17:00 (with lunch break), 5 days a week (In principle, Monday through Friday, but may be required to work on Saturdays and Sundays due to university events, etc.) Student dormitory (Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku) provided (no meals, utilities to be paid by applicant). Salary is 150,000 yen/month with health insurance, pension, unemployment insurance, worker’s accident compensation insurance (for working 5 days a week). Paid vacations will be in accordance with the regulations.
Period of employment: September 2021 – July 2022
Number of applicants: 1 to 2
Work location: Toyo Gakuen University, Hongo Campus (Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo)
Classroom support, management of English Lounge (face-to-face/online), student study support, assistance with high school and university relations, public relations activities on SNS or others, English classes before short-term study abroad program, assistance with administrative tasks, etc.
1. English speaker (English proficiency in all four skills should be close to that of a native English speaker.)
2. An interest in English education and preferably have studied TESOL, etc.
3. Ability to provide classroom support in person and online. (Experience in teaching English to
foreigners is a plus.)
4. Basic PC skills (Microsoft Office)
5. Ability to communicate with anyone and act as a role model for students.
6. Ability to work at the office in emergency situations as needed by your department, just like
other university employees.
7. A currently valid status to study or work in Japan (If the status is either “International Student” or “Designated Activity,” support is available to change your status)
8. Japanese ability to some extent is desirable.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter (both in English) to
First round: Document screening, Second round: Online interview
(Only applicants who pass the first round will be selected for the second round.)
Application deadline: June 30, 2021