Company: International Christian University of Japan
Title: International Business Open-Rank Faculty
Location: Tokyo, Japan
International Christian University (ICU) is a private, bilingual university that provides a first-class liberal arts education in a culturally and religiously diverse international community of students, faculty and staff. ICU’s educational mission is based on Christian and democratic principles. ICU has approximately 3,000 students and over 150 faculty members from Japan and overseas. The university is located on a wooded campus in the suburbs of Tokyo. We are pleased to announce an open search for a full-time faculty position in business with a particular focus on international business. The successful applicant is expected to teach general education, foundation, and area major courses in the College of Liberal Arts, as well as courses in the Graduate School.
Department of Economics and Business
Rank & Title Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor Employment Full-time Term of Employment
1. Assistant Professor: Tenure-track position for an initial five-year term. (The term may be shortened to three years, depending on previous experience). If tenure is approved at the end of the term, the position will be made permanent and promotion to the rank of Associate Professor will be granted.
2. Associate Professor & Professor: Employment until the mandatory retirement age of 65.
1. Salary: in accordance with ICU employment regulations
2. Allowances: available, in accordance with ICU employment regulations (e.g. commuting allowance)
3. Working hours: in accordance with ICU employment regulations
4. Social insurance: coverage by Promotion and Mutual Aid Corporation for Private Schools of Japan (PMAC), workers’ compensation, etc.
Number of Positions: 1
1. Ph.D. or equivalent in business or a related field is required.
2. Language of instruction: English (Knowledge of Japanese or willingness to learn Japanese is desirable). NB. The successful applicant is expected to advise senior theses in English (The ability to advise senior theses in Japanese is desirable).
3. Christian (of any denomination). In exceptional circumstances, a non-Christian who affirms ICU’s Christian ideals and commits to realizing them may be considered.
Deadline for Applications
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted no later than 23:00 April 11, 2021 (JST). (Deadline may be extended until an appropriate candidate is found.) Starting Date April 1, 2022 or September 1, 2022 or later.
Application and Selection Process
1. Register your application online. https://business.form-mailer.jp/fms/0fb940cd136525
2. Submit all the application materials online as described below.
3. After documentary screening, short-listed candidates will be requested to give a lecture and will be interviewed.
Notification of Decision Applicants will be notified of the outcome by email.
For further details, please refer to the link above.