Company: Verto Education
Title: Honors Program Manager
Salary: TBD, Full-time
Verto Education is on a mission to support students to connect to the world, sharpen their minds, and discover themselves by making education abroad a foundational and accessible part of a four-year college education. Verto Education creates unique and affordable international education programs that foster personal growth, academic excellence, and cross-cultural learning. Through Verto, students can study abroad for the first semester or year of their undergraduate career, while still earning college credits to keep them on track to graduate in four years.
Verto offers serious academics, delivered experientially. Courses include hands-on projects, field trips, and community-based learning. We prioritize small classes, individual attention, and strong relationships between faculty and students. Verto courses and credits are endorsed by 46 partner universities, including top 50 academic institutions like Case Western Reserve and William & Mary.
We are hiring a manager for our year-long honors program, Change the World. The Honors Program Manager will work closely with Verto’s Director of Academics, Director of Student Experience, and in-country operators to design the highest-quality experience for Verto’s honors program. Once the program commences (Fall 2021), the Manager will oversee a team of program leaders and instructors to bring our honors curriculum to life for up to 200 students next year.
- Build out the vision for Change the World to full-scale project plan and manage its implementation from start to finish.
- Work with the Director of Academics to scope and sequence for all Change the World courses across locations.
- Support the admissions team to build out materials and answer student questions about the semester
- Support the student success team with onboarding materials and leading program orientation.
- Oversee and assist with hiring and training of instructors for the Change the World program.
- Partner with director of operations and in-country partners on logistics and implementation
- Troubleshoot issues related to accommodation, transportation, meals or student issues such as behavior or group dynamics with the local Program Manager
- Work with the Director of Operations and Vice President of Programming to manage Change the World Budget.
- Respond to student and parent / guardian questions about the program through email and phone conversations as needed.
- Coordinate all excursions with in-country partners
- Directly manage the Change the World team.
- Unlimited vacation and sick time, with blackout dates related to the role
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Travel for training
- A retirement plan, as soon as possible
- 2 years experience in the field of International Education or Higher Education.
- Experience designing with experiential learning.
- Experience designing college-level academic curricula.
- Experience working across lines of difference, preferably in international contexts.
- Ability to deliver high-end customer service when interfacing with clients.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You’re organized and detail-oriented.
- You see problems coming from a mile away and you’re proactive in solving them when they arise.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to diverse constituencies.
- You’re a strong leader and seasoned people manager.
- You have a demonstrated ability to manage rapidly evolving priorities.
- You respond thoughtfully under pressure.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re adaptable. You excel at — and love working in — a fast-paced, always-changing environment.
- You are passionate about what we do and can draw parallels between a Verto Education experience and your own experiences.
- You value diversity in cultures and experiences.
At Verto Education we value voices of all backgrounds and experiences. We know that creating a diverse environment takes dedication and intentional hiring practices. We are cognizant of the gap between our current state and our commitments. In order to bridge that gap, we have to humbly evaluate where we are today.
Verto sincerely appreciates candidates providing anonymous answers to our EEO questions. You are helping us be better.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.