United School of Tokyo is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Head Japanese Teacher who shares our values and would like to be a part of a developing school.
We are located in Shibuya, Tokyo and serve students from over 30 countries. Students receive daily Japanese language instruction as part of our Kokugo (native) or Nihongo (foreign language) track. We are looking for a Head Teacher to oversee the Japanese program (this is also a teaching position).
- Education degree/Teaching license as a Japanese Elementary School Teacher or Teacher of Japanese as a Second language is a must.
- Minimum 5 years of experience teaching Japanese at an elementary school is a must (experience teaching Japanese at an international school is highly preferred).
- Native or near-native fluency in Japanese, as well as strong communication skills in English, are a must.
- Inquiry-based or IB curriculum experience is preferred.
- Experience with curriculum development is preferred.
- A recently updated CV, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
- A cover letter outlining experience related to the position; clearly demonstrating your ability to fulfill the above requirements; and explaining reasons for choosing UST.
- All applicants are required to have two professional reference letters from most recent supervisors.
- A recent photograph.