Company: University of Texas at San Antonio
Title: Global Relations Advisor
Salary: $39,703 - $52,000, Full-time
Location: San Antonio, TX
To support the development of international relationships, manage the drafting of international agreements, author letters, reports, and speeches for Global Initiatives, and oversee creation of social media content. Will also support events, programs and initiatives that showcase UTSA's Global Initiatives.
- Works directly with the Vice Provost for Global Initiatives, Campus Leadership, Legal Affairs, International Faculty Champions, and campus community.
- Contributes to all aspects of supporting collaborative relationships and authorized official communication with partner international institutions, government entities and other organizations.
- Supports the Vice Provost for Global Initiatives to identify and cultivate new collaborations and business opportunities.
- Drafts, negotiates and finalizes academic agreements in collaboration with the UTSA Legal Affairs team.
- Oversees the international agreements portfolio.
- Serves as a point of contact and coordinate visits for foreign guests at UTSA and assist with planning for outbound delegations.
- Advises Vice Provost on the redesign of policies for global partnerships.
- Delivers effective advice on the strategic implementation of diverse initiatives and facilitate initiatives with counterparts.
- Writes speeches, letters, communications for the Vice Provost.
- Create comprehensive engagement reports.
- Oversees development of social media content, supervises work of student interns and team members who develop content.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Policy or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years of experience in: communications, managing programs, international settings or customers.
- Demonstrated evidence of excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Possess the ability to work well across the multiple departments, University-wide offices and with external individuals, groups, organizations, and businesses.
- Ability to work on your own with limited supervision and collaboratively as a team.
- Demonstrated evidence of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability with spreadsheet and presentation software at the intermediate level or greater.
- Customer service experience, in person and phone.
- Background Check (CBC).
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Communications, International Relations or related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience in negotiation and/or project management.
- Experience with agreements and understanding of legal terminology.
- Experience working with international delegations
This is currently a telecommuting position and it is expected to return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments. At times, telecommuters are required to work on campus and travel and parking expenses are the responsibility of the employee.
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by the time of hire.
At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The UTSA campus is accessible to persons with disabilities.