Job Title: Foreign Commercial Service Officer
Posted by: U.S. Department of State
Location: Washington, DC
A lesser-known wing of the US Foreign Service outside of the State Department, in the Commerce Department, promoting international trade. Knowing Japanese is an advantage here, as per the listing.
More Information and Application Process: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534157700
As a member of the Commercial Section at a U.S. Embassy, you will report to a Senior Commercial Officer and you will be assigned a range of responsibilities that may include:
- Assessing the host country trade environment and developing U.S. Government export promotion and commercial diplomacy strategies.
- Developing, implementing, and supervising market research, counseling, trade events, business matchmaking, outreach and other programs and services to help U.S. companies enter or expand their presence in the market and to promote investment into the United States.
- Supporting government-to-government advocacy, dispute resolution and commercial diplomacy to “level the playing field” for U.S. companies and protect U.S. commercial interests.
- Developing business contacts and partnerships (e.g., with state trade offices, trade event organizers, the American Chamber of Commerce, local associations and chambers of commerce).
- Providing analyses and recommendations on advancing export-related policy issues.
- Working with the State Department administrative and program offices.
- Supporting other agencies as they execute their responsibilities overseas, such the U.S. Export Import Bank, the Trade Development Agency, and the Bureau of Industry and Security.
- Overseeing performance reporting, administrative, budget, and office management operations.
- Supervising local staff
Disclaimer: This job is neither endorsed nor vetted by USJETAA. Please contact the hiring institution directly with any questions.