Original Posting: https://mansfieldfdn.org/blog/fiscal-affairs-director/
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes understanding and cooperation between Asia and the United States, seeks a Fiscal Affairs Director in its Missoula, MT office.
The Fiscal Affairs Director will work with the Foundation’s Washington, Tokyo, and Montana offices managing all accounting and financial activity. The Fiscal Affairs Director will be responsible for budgeting, transaction processing, and financial reporting. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Accounting for and financial administration of a $3 million/year organization budget with an investment portfolio of $10 million
- Oversight of budgeting, transaction processing, and financial reporting, including preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare Foundation’s annual budget;
- Prepare and/or approve grant budgets prior to submissions to granting agencies;
- Process payroll and accounts payable transactions; prepare bank reconciliations; process month-end closing journal vouchers and reconciliations;
- Record all revenues and ensure contributions are properly acknowledged;
- Provide monthly financial updates to management and program managers;
- Provide quarterly and annual financial reporting to management, grantors and the Board of Directors;
- Coordinate annual federal compliance and financial statement audits;
- Prepare the Foundation’s audited financial statements and the IRS 990 tax return;
- Assist President with strategic financial planning.
- Establishing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including accounting for federal grant funds.
- Comply with OMB Super Circular
- Provide benefits and human resource management for Foundation employees; act as the Foundation’s Privacy Officer in accordance with HIPAA;
- File Department of Labor 5500 report, file Report of Foreign bank accounts for the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, and other regulatory reports as required;
- Maintain property and liability insurance;
- Ensure internal controls are effective related to Foundation assets;
- Attending meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Draft Board and committee minutes;
- Make logistical arrangments for semiannual Board meetings;
- Coordinate committee meetings;
- Work collaboratively with the Foundation team to prepare Board meeting materials;
- Perform duties of Corporate Secretary, executing and signing documents requiring the Corporate Secretary’s signature.
Beginning salary is $56,000-$60,000, depending on experience. The Foundation offers generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, and a retirement plan.
Competitive candidates will have at least five years of not for profit work experience, accounting degree or CPA license, and a master’s degree. Must have excellent verbal and writing communication skills. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and reference list to https://mansfieldfoundation.submittable.com/submit.
Application deadline: July 15, 2018