ESOL Teachers – Mercy Center (Remote and/or Bronx, New York, USA)
Position: ESOL Teachers
Organization: Mercy Center
Location: Remote and/or Bronx, New York, USA
Mercy Center is looking for instructors for our evening classes (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm).
Here is the detailed info: We are currently looking for experienced educators who are available to work from September 2021 – June 2022 remotely and/or in-person. Please see the information you requested about the work we do and the ESOL instructor position below.
- Proficient English speakers with good working knowledge of English grammar and language use.
- Experienced teachers with good interpersonal skills who enjoy working in diverse linguistic and cultural settings.
- Passionate teachers looking to empower immigrant communities through English language education.
- Applicants with ESL teaching experience required. TESOL/CELTA certification highly preferred.
- Help second language learners improve their English conversation skills through communicative language teaching (CLT) approach.
- Implement and adapt lesson plans from a standards-based curriculum.
- Use digital platforms to instruct, communicate and record attendance data.
- Report to the Director of Adult Education and Workforce Development.
About Mercy Center
Mercy Center is a “haven” in Mott Haven, a community center offering programs and services that empower women and their families to reach their full potential and become agents of change for healthy family living and economic independence. We promote an improved quality of life by addressing the needs of the whole person in a community of respect, hospitality, and non-violence.
Interested instructors should email their resumes to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) at their earliest convenience.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here