The Japan Society of Boston, Inc. (JSB), is a nonprofit organization with a mission to strengthen active interchange and understanding between the people and business communities of the United States and Japan by providing multidisciplinary programs that provide in-depth knowledge, facilitate meaningful discussion and encourage deep personal interactions.
*ESL Instructor (Part-Time Position)
Reporting to the Language Program Manager, the instructor will teach online private lessons offered by JSB for all levels.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced ESL teacher who is able to thrive with minimal guidance to join our team of dedicated, passionate, and qualified teachers. Position can be done remotely.
- BA/BS degree is required
- Native level English
- Experience teaching professionals, students and/or younger clients
- Enthusiastic about teaching people with different learning styles as well as backgrounds
- Flexibility to work weekday evening hours and possibly weekends
- Understanding that teaching outside of an academic setting requires the spirit that students’ (client’s) needs come first
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suites, Zoom etc.
Part time Position: paid by the hour
Competitive hourly non-profit salary. Salary is commensurate with experience and the nonprofit environment. The position is at-will and does not include health or retirement benefits.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to:
- Selected candidates will be interviewed by the Executive Director and the Language Program Manager. References will be requested later in the application process.
- Deadline is May 14, 2021. The position is expected to begin in the week of May 17, 2021 if not earlier. Review will begin as applications are received.
The Japan Society of Boston, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.