ENGLISH TEACHER WANTED (TOKYO)
Position passed on by a JET alum.
Our company is looking for an intelligent, experienced, creative, and enthusiastic person to teach English in corporate classes in central Tokyo. We've had good luck with former JETs in the past (I myself was a JET in Gunma, 2004-07) and have hired several people from the JETAA community.
* Currently residing in Japan.
* Education level: post-undergraduate training preferred, but not required.
* Excellent command of English grammar and vocabulary. Speaker of North American (U.S. or Canadian) English preferred.
* Language-teaching experience with adult students (ideally in Japan). ESL degree not required.
* Strong interest in Japan and Japanese culture. Japanese language ability is preferred, but not required.
* Private and Small Group Lessons, all Japanese adults.
* Lots of emphasis on developing student speaking and listening skills.
* Most of our clients are hoping to study or work abroad so they tend to be very motivated.
* Mostly near Tokyo station (Marunouchi and Otemachi neighborhoods).
* Occasionally at other sites depending on client needs.
* Average of 18-20 teaching hours a week, but some weeks may be slightly more/less.
* Classes are held Monday through Friday and depending on the client they can be at any time of day between 8am-9pm.
* There is some flexibility in choosing your regular/usual working hours, but we expect you to be available generally throughout the week (Mon-Fri), particularly during evenings, in case coverage of other teachers’ classes is necessary.
* We try to be very flexible about vacation time (though this is unpaid).
Starting remuneration: ¥6,000 per teaching hour. (Note that starting positions are not salaried and time between classes is unpaid.)
For more information about our company, please see our website:
We are looking to hire and train someone soon (from early Sept/Oct), so if you are interested, please send a resume to: