Are you a recent or soon to graduate Electrical Engineer or Computer Science Engineer who is “business fluent” in Japanese? If so, we have an opportunity to use your degree and Japanese language skills while learning the newest technology in the rail transportation industry for the USA.
In this newly created role the Engineer will learn Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) technology provided to you by Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. (MEPPI). You will have the opportunity to visit our parent company, Mitsubishi Electric (MELCO) in Japan for up to a year, gaining valuable training on the CBTC Systems. Upon completion of your training you would return to the USA and will be based at our Pittsburgh, PA headquarters in the CBTC Systems Engineer I role with MEPPI’s Transportation Systems Division. As the CBTC Systems Engineer I you will:
- Participate in an initial 6-12 month assignment in Japan learning CBTC technology by working with MELCO engineers.
- Assist with application engineering activities for system design in support of proposals and projects including: requirement specification, architecture and interface description, system integration and development planning, design reviews, development of requirements traceability, software validation and verification, and creation/maintenance of track database.
- Support MELCO to modify the baseline CBTC hardware and software for new projects.
- Assist with system integration between wayside equipment, vehicle equipment and other rail signaling subsystems.
- Provide on-site technical guidance for the testing and commissioning of the CBTC system.
- Prepare customer technical correspondence and create technical documents as required by the contract.
- Make technical presentations for requirements compliance and management of technical issues.
- Develop technical understanding of CBTC equipment including hardware, software and the I2S.
- Resolve technical issues related to the production of equipment at MEPPI.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field with 0-2 years of experience as an engineer.
- Intermediate interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with customers and employees.
- Intermediate analytical and problem solving skills.
Intermediate computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products and scheduling software.
- Ability to spend up to one year living and working in Japan starting within the first year of employment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 35% of the time as required.
- Ability to speak English and Japanese
- Ability to relocate to MEPPI Headquarters upon returning from Japan.
- Applicants for this position must have authorization to legally work in the USA that does not require sponsorship or a visa for employment authorization. (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigration status). Individuals who require such sponsorship are not eligible for hire for this opening.
The Transportation Systems Division (TSD) provides propulsion, controls and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for railway vehicles. Our customers include the railway vehicle and locomotive builders as well as the railways, metro and mass transit authorities who operate the vehicles and locomotives. TSD is a dynamic business which is expanding to meet increasing customer demand for Mitsubishi Electric Company (MELCO) based transportation products and services in the North American market. TSD has established a talented and committed team who is determined to meet or exceed customer expectations. Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. (MEPPI) is working with Mitsubishi Electric Company of Japan (MELCO) to bring the latest technology to the United States.
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k, paid vacation and holidays, medical, dental and vision coverage and more!
Please apply online at www.meppijobs.com Req 2128
No Agencies – No phone calls
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability