Educational Affairs Specialist – JET Program/Japanese Government Scholarships – Consulate General of Japan in Seattle (Seattle, WA)
Position: Educational Affairs Specialist – JET Program/Japanese Government Scholarships
Organization: Consulate General of Japan in Seattle
Location: Seattle, WA
Direct Link: https://www.seattle.us.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/jobopportunity_EduAffairsSpecialist.html
The Consulate is seeking a well-qualified individual with excellent communication skills to serve as an educational affairs specialist. This position will be responsible for mainly supporting the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program, in addition to Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships and other tasks related to public outreach and social media.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and answer general inquiries related to the JET Program and MEXT Scholarships in the Consulate’s area of responsibility including Washington, Montana, and Northern Idaho.
- Support the JET Program by coordinating candidate recruiting (career fairs, information sessions, etc.) and selection activities (interviews), and preparing successful candidates for departure
- Support MEXT Scholarships by coordinating candidate recruiting (information sessions, etc.) and selection activities (document screening and interviews) and prepare selected candidates for departure
- Coordinate and assist with the Consulate’s youth exchange and cultural outreach activities.
- Assist outreach activities via SNS, including the Consulate’s Facebook and Instagram.
- Organize and support official events for the Consulate, and coordinate with outside organizations on events with which the Consulate is involved.
- Provide the administrative support necessary to help fulfill the Consulate’s role in promoting Japan and its ties in the region.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here