Company: American Councils for International Education
Title: Director, TEFL Programs
Salary: TBD, Full-time
Location: Washington, D.C.
American Councils seeks a dynamic and proven leader to manage and guide TEFL Programs. Based in Washington, D.C. the Director will have primary responsibility for managing the administration and implementation of American Councils’ federally funded TEFL Programs. The Director is responsible for overall project management, ensuring program quality and achievement of intended impact, compliance with funder policies and American Councils’ policies, fiscal soundness, and staff management on large and complex programs. Occasional travel maybe required.
The position is contingent upon funding and funder approval of staffing.
- Designs and directs all program activity including recruitment and selection, U.S. and international programming, and alumni programming;
- Maintains contact with the funding agency;
- Develops and implements approaches to raise awareness of the program;
- Liaises with U.S. and overseas partners;
- Oversees maintenance and support to the participants, including the facilitation of health insurance, payment of stipends and bills, and correspondence;
- Manages program databases and participant data;
- Plans and facilitates the domestic and international travel of participants, including correspondence, and preparation of materials;
- Directs the expansion and maintenance of program websites and social media platforms;
- Ensures robust alumni engagement and follow on programming;
- Writes program reports for funders;
- Designs and implements program monitoring and evaluation plan in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation Department; and
- Organizes and manages support for other teacher training programs as needed.
- Master’s degree in TESOL, teacher leadership, international education, or related field;
- At least ten years of progressive program and leadership experience in relevant education, teaching, teacher-training, and/or international exchange programming;
- Experience and demonstrated ability to lead and grow capacity within large and diverse teams working towards a shared vision and goals;
- Experience organizing large-scale recruitment efforts and conducting interviews for participant selection;
- Excellent organizational planning, presentation, and professional-technical writing skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to present the results of efforts through public speaking engagements;
- Outstanding interpersonal, intercultural and collaboration skills;
- Ability to learn through feedback and collaboration with others across the organization;
- Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Experience with human resource management, staff development, and program budgeting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to travel within the US.