Director, Global Studies and Programmes – University of the Bahamas (Nassau, Bahamas)
Company: University of the Bahamas
Title: Director, Global Studies and Programmes
Salary: TBD, Full-time,
Location: Nassau, Bahamas
This newly established will require an individual with administrative experience in international education and the ability to develop policies and procedures to guide its operation. Additional requirements include an understanding of the higher education environment and ability to relate and work successfully with multiple constituencies. Exceptional interpersonal, communication and administrative skills are required, with a record of professional leadership and involvement relevant to the position. A demonstrated ability to facilitate groups and work collaboratively across an academically and diverse campus is expected, and proficient in more than one language and asset.
- Provide university-wide leadership in areas of study abroad, language immersion, and promoting comprehensive internationalization across the university system, including all services and activities intended to expand global engagement for students, faculty and staff;
- Seek and facilitate opportunities to enhance global awareness through cultural, educational, and experiential activities;
- Coordinate student advisement for international experiences in conjunction with various academic units;
- Draft relevant policies regarding international travel and faculty-student exchange etc;
- Work across university areas including Academic Affairs, Advancement, and Administrative Service — collaborating with and supporting faculty and staff engaged in a broad range of international activities;
- Draft relevant policies and procedures to support international activities, including but not limited to international travel and faculty-student exchanges etc;
- Maintain positive, proactive relationships with university offices, faculty and staff to ensure process efficiency and compliance with international polices, processes and protocols;
- Provide general oversight and coordination of activities, including internationalization at home and abroad;
- Track faculty-led/facilitated international proposal submissions, International Visiting Scholar and other initiatives mounted through the OGSP and prepare periodic reports;
- Serve as a liaison to all agencies or organizations, developing collaborative relationships with international representatives, in conjunction with the Strategic Programmes and Initiatives Liaison, Office of the Provost;
- Identify and communicate university-approved opportunities to faculty, staff and students;
- Effectively represent office and university priorities to international institutions and agencies;
- Collect and summarize funded programme outcomes and submit timely reports to relevant university offices as required; and
- Assist in the development, compilation and review of other proposal documents, as assigned, which may include budget, administrative/internal, form preparation, databases, files and document maintenance.
- In driving this mandate, the Director will lead international efforts throughout the University system, advocating for as well as seeking avenues to ensure the success of the University’s the internationalization agenda, and working with the Office of Advancement and Administrative Services to attract resources to support these efforts.
- In addition, in refining and mapping out the OGSP strategic plan so that it dovetails with that of the University, the Director will cultivate strategic partnerships with University administrators, faculty and staff, and with local community members and international organizations. A key goal in executing the objectives of the University will be to ensure that by 2024 all undergraduates have a minimum of one international experience before graduation.
- The ideal candidate will embrace and encourage emerging internationalization initiatives in the University and will be invested in student success; have a commitment to stewarding and expanding internationalization efforts; have substantial, progressive responsibility, leadership and experience in higher education. UB also seeks an individual who is dedicated to diversity, respects the uniqueness of each discipline, appreciates a wide range of perspectives and expertise, and who will develop new opportunities for international studies in this rapidly evolving world of higher education.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have an earned Master’s degree in International Studies, Adult Education, International Relations Administration or a related field from an accredited institution; Higher education administrative and programme development experience; history of leadership in academic administration that exhibits progressively increasing responsibility, a record of success in developing international programmes and support services, and demonstrated prudent management of financial resources; bilingual; highly developed and effective communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience in building collaborations at multiple levels and with diverse constituencies evidence of strong writing and verbal communication skills; experience in building collaborations at multiple levels and with diverse constituencies.
Application. Application materials should include:
- A cover letter describing how the applicant’s professional qualifications and experience relate to the responsibilities of the position;
- Copies of academic qualifications;
- Copies of transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate degree programmes completed;
- A current and complete curriculum vitae;
- Copy of relevant pages of a valid passport showing photo ID, passport number and expiration date;
- Three letters of reference;
- Completed UB Application for Employment Form found at this link: http://www.ub.edu.bs/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Application-for-Employment-Staff.pdf
To Apply: Apply electronically at email@example.com noting the position in the subject field. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Attach the following in one e-file/document with your electronic submission: cover letter; academic qualifications; transcripts; curriculum vitae; copy of relevant pages of valid passport; three letters of reference; and a completed UB Application for Employment form. Additional materials will be required of shortlisted candidates. For additional information or informal inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here