Diplomatic Assistant — Embassy of Japan (Washington DC)
The Embassy of Japan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Diplomatic Assistant. This individual will be primarily responsible for managing the schedules and assisting the activities of Political Section diplomats, as well as undertaking some research on policy issues related to Japan-US relations and US politics. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
More information: Embassy of Japan website
The Embassy offers health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with a 1.5 hour lunch break from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm. There is also the once a month lunch time receptionist duty, and the occasional weeknight and/or weekend event (all qualify for paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. A background check will be required prior to employment start date.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Managing the schedules and daily activities of diplomats in the Political Section
- Making appointments, developing itineraries, coordinating transportation for diplomats and guests
- Answering phone calls, welcoming guests, managing supply inventory
- Performing some research regarding Japan-US relations and US politics, monitoring news developments
- Helping organize receptions, diplomatic events, meetings, and seminars
- Attending think tank events and accompanying diplomats to meetings to take notes
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluency in English, ability to speak/read Japanese preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork, flexibility, critical thinking skills, resourcefulness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
How to apply:
- Email your resume, cover letter, and reference letter(s) if any to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 4.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here