The Embassy of Japan is seeking a team-oriented individual for the position of Diplomatic Assistant. This individual will be primarily responsible for secretarial work: assisting and supporting a wide range of activities of diplomats in the Economic Section. Please see the Embassy job posting for more information.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with a 1.5 hour lunch break from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm. There is also a once a month lunch time receptionist duty, and the occasional weeknight and/or weekend event (all qualify for paid overtime).
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be requested to submit their background check information.
- Secretarial work such as answering phone calls, making appointments and reservations, arranging transportation, and preparing meetings and events, with diplomats focusing on a variety of policy areas such as trade, economic security, and various economic forums.
- Drafting, editing, and/or proofreading correspondence and documents in English.
- Taking notes and occasionally providing summaries of meetings, events or seminars upon request from diplomats.
- Monitoring news and press releases relevant to the portfolios of diplomats.
- Other relevant responsibilities as needed.
- Fluent in English; ability to speak/read Japanese preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork, flexibility, critical thinking skills, resourcefulness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Study or work experience in Japan preferred (not mandatory)
How to apply:
- Email your resume and cover letter and reference letter(s) (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 19, 2022.