Company: U.S.-Japan Council
Title: Development Manager
Salary: TBD, Full-time,
Location: Washington, DC
At the U.S.-Japan Council, the Development Manager manages our donor relations program and fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting fundraising campaigns and communicating with current and prospective donors. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, is committed to the goals of USJC and can bring experience with the donor management system (Salesforce). This position offers an opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing non-profit and an opportunity to network with prominent leaders at the forefront of U.S.-Japan relations.
Support the execution of USJC’s annual fundraising plan
● Research and identify prospective funding opportunities with both current and prospective companies, individuals, and foundations
● Manage Donor and member communications and acknowledgements
● Maintain donor and member management system (Salesforce) to ensure records are up to date
● Track progress of relationships with funders
● Organize donor-focused events, including outreach to speakers and participants
● Work closely with the Communications team to ensure sponsors are recognized appropriately
● Improve data tracking and reporting using salesforce; serve as a salesforce “super-user” for the organization, improving/streamlining development systems where appropriate.
● Prepare status reports for Senior Staff and Board as needed, at least monthly
● Track and reporting on fundraising and membership metrics, including developing fundraising reports using salesforce
● Provides links between Program, Finance, Communications teams and other staff so that all activities related to development activities are smoothly implemented
● Track incoming payments and reconcile revenue records on a regular basis
● Work closely with Communications staff to create solicitation materials for development efforts
● Ensure that records are updated in Salesforce; conduct additional research as needed to complete records
● Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
● BA (required), MA (a plus)
● Five-plus years’ experience in nonprofit development
● Knowledge of Salesforce required
● Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills
● Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
● Time management and flexibility with job duties
● Creative, self-starter attitude
● Donor and volunteer service mentality
● Strong team player
● Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
● Demonstrated success following through on tasks and goals
● Demonstrated interest in/experience with Japan/Japanese business preferred.
**Fluency in Japanese preferred.
To apply, please send CV (resume) and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line, Development Manager. Applications will be reviewed upon submission, with the intention to hire as soon as possible.
The U.S.-Japan Council is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.