Company: Welcoming the Stranger
Title: Development Associate
Salary: TBD, Part-time
Location: Langhorne, PA – Temporarily Remote
Welcoming the Stranger (WTS) is a small educational non-profit based in Bucks County, PA that offers free classes in English as a Second Language (ESL), computer skills, and United States citizenship exam preparation to adult immigrants and refugees in the Philadelphia metro region.
We seek a skilled communicator with 1-5 years of development experience to help us generate financial resources. The Development Associate reports to the Acting Director and has a primary relationship with the Marketing/Development Committee. This is a new, part-time position of up to 10 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the AD and reporting to the Development Committee, the Development Associate will:
· Take charge of WTS’ grant-making calendar and process; research opportunities; apply for and write grants; create internal and external reports;
· Cultivate relationships with funders;
· Engage with peers in other organizations to discuss best practices and new opportunities;
· Serve on the Development Committee and assist with its other work;
· Coordinate, cultivate and plan fundraising events;
· Serve as a Securing the Roots fellow if WTS is granted this fellowship*;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Development Associate must have a passionate belief in the importance of immigrant education and social, racial, gender, and economic justice. Our ideal hire is energetic, creative, personable, and detail-oriented: an individual with strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organizational and information-management skills who can responsibly handle sensitive information. The Development Associate should be self-motivated, relatively flexible as to scheduling needs, and live in commuting proximity to our Langhorne, PA office.
*Note: WTS has applied for a very exciting six-month fellowship dedicated to increasing the fundraising capacity of the fellows chosen and their organizations. Should we be fortunate enough to receive this fellowship, the Development Associate will serve as our fellow. Associate must be available (remotely or on-site) from May 21 to October 29, 2021, on the fourth Friday of each month from 10 am-2 pm ET.