Company: The American Robert College
Title: College Counselor
Salary: $30,000/$35,000 USD, Full-time, DOEducation
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Robert College is the oldest consecutively running American high school abroad. Starting in 1863 we have endeavored to teach and learn with some of Turkey’s brightest students. Located in Istanbul on a campus that overlooks the Bosphorus strait. Our student body is comprised of students from around Turkey with at least 25% on scholarship.
• Serving as a college counselor for an assigned group of students and their parents to guide and advise them through the college application process abroad, primarily for study in North America, the UK, and Europe.
• Taking the lead and/or assisting with the organization of college counseling programs and student meetings concerning study in the US, Canada, UK, Europe, etc. as needed.
• Assisting with city-wide college fairs and hosting visits by university admission officers to RC.
• Attending professional meetings in Turkey and abroad to stay abreast of admissions trends and opportunities.
• Creating and maintaining relationships and staying in communication with multiple stake-holders including admission and college counseling colleagues.
• B.A / B.S Degree; Master’s degree preferred
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in college counseling or related field
- An enthusiasm to work with students and their parents; a sincere, caring approach to guiding and advising students
- A commitment to caring for student well-being in all its aspects
- Initiative taking skills: including strong analytical thinking and problem-solving
- An ability to collect and analyze data with various technology
- A strong knowledge of college and university admissions abroad, particularly in North America, the UK, and Europe
- A strong knowledge of the general requirements of universities abroad, including academic preparation and testing
- An ability to work in office-oriented technology, and a flexible approach to learning about multiple application platforms
- An enthusiasm for self-development and a growth-oriented mind-set
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Strong conflict management and adaptation skills
- Strong team-oriented skills while also able to work well independently, with professional and personal integrity
Teachers with a BA and 4 years $30000 Teachers with a MA and 8 years $35000 * Salary is not taxed
Contact email: email@example.com
*Aligned with international child protection standards, Robert College is committed to the safeguarding of children: its recruitment process includes a rigorous child protection element and detailed background checks.