Passed along directly by the hiring institution.
Position: Bilingual Product Development Operations Coordinator – Japanese
Location: Richmond, WA
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Communicates and collaborates with Nintendo Company Ltd. (NCL) and Nintendo of Europe (NOE) for global alignment on project coordination, release and asset timing, and product status updates
- Translates and interprets confidential written and verbal communications between Japanese to English and English to Japanese
- Provides general administrative support for Product Development Operations team (including but not limited to calendar management, expense reports, purchase requisitions, meeting organization, travel plans, etc.) and collaborates with Product Development & Publishing (PDP) Administrative Assistants
- Responsible for acquiring product data for Nintendo-published digital content and the associated NCMS entry
- Coordinates development projects for digitally delivered content as assigned
- Supports digital development planning processes as needed
- Supports special projects and coordinates operational projects as assigned
- Works independently executing tasks and tracking project deliverables
- Supports PDP functions and integrates with PDP Administrative Assistants
- Up to 20% travel, including international travel
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
2-3 years’ product development, project management of related experience
Three or more years’ related bilingual assistant experience.
Excellent English/Japanese bilingual skills (verbal and written) required.
Knowledge and understanding of industry and Nintendo products.
Experience and knowledge of the electronic entertainment industry a plus.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
Professional training in Translation/Interpretation or equivalent experience
Level 1 certification in Japanese Language Proficiency Test required, or
Level 1.5 certification or higher English Language Proficiency Test required
Valid passport is required