Shared with us by the hiring institution.
Position: Bilingual Communications Coordinator (Japanese)
Location: Redmond, WA
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Coordinates communications between Nintendo of America Inc.(NOA) Product Development, Nintendo Company Limited (NCL), and second-party developers
- Performs confidential written and verbal translations in Japanese and English
- Provides administrative support to Product Marketing Sr. Director and other Product Marketing staff/management
- Performs confidential written and verbal Japanese and English translations, including translating written and verbal communications between NOA, NCL, and second-party developers
- Prepares and transmits correspondence
- General department assistance including maintaining department schedules, coordinating meetings and travel arrangements, processing expense reports, distributing mail and faxes, ordering supplies, etc.
- Acts as liaison with other departments
- Assists with software evaluations as needed
- Maintains and updates department files, documents, and reports
- Coordinates and works on special projects and follows-up on open issues as needed
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Excellent Japanese and English translation skills, both verbal and written, required
- Ability to work with highly confidential and/or sensitive materials and information
- Excellent PC skills, including both word processing skills and spreadsheet skills in both Japanese and English
- Knowledge of video game industry desirable
- Native Japanese fluency or JLPT (Japanese-Language Proficiency test) Level 1 or equivalent proficiency